Gender divide: the gap widens
The gender gap is widening in India.
Some key points to this article:
- The 2009 Global Gender Gap report (published by the World Economic Forum) ranks India the very last on health and survival, and the 114th in the overall ranking.
- Among married women from 25 to 49, only 1 out of 5 women has completed 10 or more years of education
- A vast majority of women continue to be engaged in agricultural operations
- Early marriage continues to be a reality, despite the legal age of marriage of 18.
- Contraception issues
- The need for new laws, for a new Ministry for Gender Equality, and for engaging civil society
React, discuss, exchange !! Click on the "edit" button above to add ytour comments below.