Fédération Nationale Solidarité des Femmes
The FNSF campaigns to have violence against women recognised as a social problem, and a manifestation of the inequality between men and women. They advocate for change with public authorities and political bodies, calling for legal reform. They also conduct public awareness campaigns to change public attitudes on violence against women. Finally, they support exchanges, patnership and research that help publicise the cause.
- For the past 15 years, the FNSF has managed the national domestic violence hotline, ' 3919/Violences Conjugales Info'.
- FNSF runs a research service, 'Formation-Observation-Recherches-Etudes' (FORE) which responds to needs for awareness raising programmes by local social organisations working with victims of domestic violence. The service conducts thematic studies based on national statistics, the hotline as well as qualitative data produced by members of the FNSF network.
- Publication of research based on their priority action areas in their FORE research service.
Priority Action Areas
The FNSF focuses on four main thematic areas relate to violence against women in their FORE research:
- Health and domestic violence
- Young female immigrants
- Domestic violence in Paris
- Domestic violence and social exclusion: women's shelters for victims of domestic violence.