Event:10th OECD DAC Network on Gender Equality
|10th OECD DAC Network on Gender Equality|
|Select a city||Paris|
|Summary||10th Gendernet meeting|
the 10th meeting of Gendernet will take place from 13-15 June in Paris, France. A workshop on gender equality, climate change, and green growth will take place on 14 June.
The primary objective of the workshop is to increase members’ understanding of issues related to climate change and green growth in developing countries so that they can better advise on the gender equality/women’s empowerment dimensions of agency approaches to these issues. The workshop also aims to:
- Introduce members to key issues and concepts such as climate change financing;adaptation and mitigation; and, green growth.
- Equip members to engage with their colleagues who are responsible for theseissues.
- Facilitate learning on Rio+20 and global processes and negotiations related to climate change and assist members to identify strategies for influencing these processes.
- Share innovative policy and programming on gender equality, climate change and related issues by presenting good practice examples from donor and partner organisations in developing countries.
- Identify opportunities for follow-up work and future collaboration between GENDERNET members and partners.